Shadow Tounge

Lick the walls
to see if it makes
you as alive as
your shadow,
maybe not but
a scream of false sense
seems like nonsense
to an untrained ear
it blends in with
the other sounds
from out of bounds
that differ and waver
from the truth you know
as gospel.

It takes a lot of courage
to say
that things wont go
your way
because of the way
in which you
approach life has no depth
or consultation behind it.
You can call me out
if you think I'm full
of shit but I can find
more than one
person to back up
what I'm about.

A drawn out sigh draws
energy from an otherwise
inattentive collective.

It's not my fault you're
putrid and uncaring and
I can only try my best
to deal with it
but then what happens
when I can't?

You have the rest of
time to change and mature
so I suggest you start
now or else
somehow you will end
up like a shadow on
the wall, without
life and a complete
mimic, as you already
are.

No comments:

Post a Comment